Monday 17 November 2014

Welcome!

Hello and welcome. 

After many months deliberating on a name for this thing I finally chose one. So here it is. Pictures, pencils and postcards.

I wanted to avoid many things when choosing a name for this blog, which is why it took me so long to get started.

Firstly I didn't want to be another 'solo female travel' blog (even though I love them and read so many before my first trip). So I've tried to keep the name gender neutral, no lipstick or heels to be found here! (If you are a frequent travel blog reader you might know what I'm talking about).

I also knew that any name I came up with I would eventually start to hate. That's just what happens, but this name seems fairly safe at the moment...

Its purpose is to document my trip to India with my good friend Melissa and any future travels.

It all started a few months ago when Melissa came to stay with me. Inevitably our discussions turned to travel, as they so often do. Next thing we knew we had pinky promised that this December we would go to India. 

I think we kind of both expected each other to come up with a reason why we couldn't go as we have never been very good at sticking to our plans. But neither of us did and soon we were booking our tickets!

Hopefully my posts will be entertaining and informative for family, friends and any one else who stumbles across these ramblings. 

It will also serve as a way to force myself to write on a regular basis. Even though I love it, sometimes life is more interesting! 

So there you have it!

Watch this space :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment